Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Process Piece

Before making this video I didn’t know much about feminism and the feminist movement. Throughout women’s history, women have fought for their rights and gender equality, not dominance. I feel like people have misconceived notions about feminism and women empowerment. I wanted to create a video poem that portrayed female power as something we should respect, as all human beings are created equal.

I made my video on powerpoint because it was something I was the most familiar with. I didn’t anticipate many problems, but it was more difficult than I thought it would be. There was a lot of editing, and since I decided to have a song in the background, I wanted it to coordinate with the lyrics the best I could. It was pretty harder than I thought to make sure everything turned out ok. Overall it was a great learning experience, I learned a lot about the history of the women’s rights movement and now understand more about feminism itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment